This is the mail archive of the
fortran@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GNU Fortran project.
Re: Done
- From: Paul Richard Thomas <paul dot richard dot thomas at gmail dot com>
- To: Steve Kargl <sgk at troutmask dot apl dot washington dot edu>
- Cc: "fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org" <fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sat, 20 May 2017 18:34:24 +0100
- Subject: Re: Done
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20170520060656.GA29153@troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
Dear Steve,
I believe that you are the only frequent contributor/maintainer left
who predates my arrival on the gfortran scene. Perhaps 15 years is a
good time to sign out :-) I am distracted by daytime work at the
moment but am also somewhat dulled out by slogging away at it in spite
of the beefing and snide comments from some of the users. Fortunately,
they are out-numbered by enthusiastic users and, one suspects, by the
silent majority. If it is any consolation, we have more or less kept
up with Intel on the F20xx features and the quality of implementation
of F95 is about the same. You have made a major and irreplaceable
contribution to the latter.
I think that I speak for everybody, when I wish you well and express
an earnest hope that you will keep in touch at least.
Best regards
Paul
On 20 May 2017 at 07:06, Steve Kargl <sgk@troutmask.apl.washington.edu> wrote:
> After 15 years, it is time. It's been a long strange trip.
>
> --
> Steve
> 20170425 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWUpyCsUKR4
> 20161221 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbCHE-hONow
--
"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
- Albert Einstein