This is the mail archive of the
fortran@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GNU Fortran project.
Re: GCC 7 stage 3 is coming ...
- From: Fritz Reese <fritzoreese at gmail dot com>
- To: Steve Kargl <sgk at troutmask dot apl dot washington dot edu>
- Cc: fortran <fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2016 12:42:18 -0400
- Subject: Re: GCC 7 stage 3 is coming ...
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20161022155824.GA81978@troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
On Sat, Oct 22, 2016 at 11:58 AM, Steve Kargl
<sgk@troutmask.apl.washington.edu> wrote:
> For those that may have missed Jakub's post:
>
> https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2016-10/msg00176.html
>
> Status
> ======
>
> Trunk which will eventually become GCC 7 is still in Stage 1 but its
> end is near and we are planning to transition into Stage 3 starting
> Nov 13th end of day time zone of your choice.
>
> This means it is time to get things you want to have in GCC 7 finalized
> and reviewed. As usual there may be exceptions to late reviewed features
> but don't count on that. Likewise target specific features can sneak in
> during Stage 3 if maintainers ok them.
...
> --
> Steve
FYI-
In these ~2.5 weeks, I have essentially 5 more DEC compatibility
patches to submit. Thus every half-week or so I hope to get one
through - quite optimistic, I know.
Of the 5, really just 2 have a somewhat large changeset, which I will
be submitting next after the currently pending patch (these deal with
I/O in libgfortran). What I'm hoping is that if there isn't the time
to review and approve all 5, then at least having them submitted and
pending on the mailing list leaves them acceptable at maybe the very
beginning of stage 3.
---
Fritz Reese