This is the mail archive of the
fortran@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GNU Fortran project.
Re: GCC testsuite maintenance (was: [PATCH] Fix OpenACC vector_length parsing in fortran)
On Fri, 15 Jul 2016, Thomas Schwinge wrote:
> > No, we want to have as little churn as possible in existing tests, the
> > general policy is to add new tests (not just for OpenACC/OpenMP, but for
> > all functionality).
>
> Hmm, that's something I had not been aware of, and I can't find this
> covered in the documentation. So, you're basically saying that files in
> the testsuite are write-once, and should not be maintained aside from
> fixing errors, adjusting due to optimization changes, or due to changed
> diagnostics, and the like? (Of course, I do agree that we shouldn't
Yes, that's my view. It makes it easier to distinguish regressions from
new tests that fail (on some platforms) if what a test tests doesn't
change unnecessarily.
--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com