This is the mail archive of the
fortran@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GNU Fortran project.
Re: [fortran, patch] Audit and patch of F95 and F2003 "non-default kind specifiers" warnings
- From: Steve Kargl <sgk at troutmask dot apl dot washington dot edu>
- To: FX <fxcoudert at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gfortran <fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Dominique Dhumieres <dominiq at lps dot ens dot fr>
- Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2014 12:55:11 -0700
- Subject: Re: [fortran, patch] Audit and patch of F95 and F2003 "non-default kind specifiers" warnings
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140606164924 dot D63DB105 at mailhost dot lps dot ens dot fr> <D4F73E29-9679-4462-B6CF-609CEC5B2C06 at gmail dot com>
On Fri, Jun 06, 2014 at 09:38:06PM +0200, FX wrote:
> > It seems that some of these extensions are not caught by -std=f95
>
> I?ve now audited the I/O specifiers for such warnings too. A warning existed only for EXIST, which was introduced way back by Steve:
>
> > 2010-07-05 Steven G. Kargl <kargl@gcc.gnu.org>
> >
> > PR fortran/44797
> > * fortran/io.c (resolve_tag): Check EXIST tag is a default logical.
>
> I?ve extended the logical warning to the NAMED, OPENED, and PENDING specifiers. I?ve also audited the integer specifiers, and extended the warning to NUMBER, NEXTREC, and RECL, which were missing.
>
> Bootstrapped and regtested on x86_64-apple-darwin13, OK to commit?
>
Yes.
--
Steve