This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GNU Fortran project.
Re: Original commit history for gfortran
- From: Janus Weil <janus at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- To: Christopher Bergström <cbergstrom at pathscale dot com>
- Cc: fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2011 10:59:26 +0200
- Subject: Re: Original commit history for gfortran
- References: <BANLkTimrZXPxrY-oE9D04ucDOfk4_YrqvQ@mail.gmail.com>
> We're in the process of considering contributing to gfortran for a
> special project, but when we started to vet the codebase we hit a bump
> in lack of commit history.
what exactly do you plan to contribute?
> I've hit a wall at
> commit #1 was: "Thu May 13 06:41:07 2004" - "Merge
> tree-ssa-20020619-branch into mainline."
> Am I mistaken or all the commit history previous to this is lost?
well, I'm not an expert in gfortran history, and I was not involved
with the project at the time it was born, but the initial commit on
the tree-ssa branch seems to be this one:
by Paul Brook in July 2003. The log message says: * gcc/fortran: New front end.
As you noted already, the front end was merged into GCC trunk in May 2004:
I assume r69825 was a more-or-less direct fork of g95, so you probably
won't find any commit history earlier than that ...