Re: ICE with non-allocatable CLASS variable

Hi Andrew,

> The following gives an ICE with gfortran 4.7.0 r175063. It's not legal Fortran
> (as far as I understand), and adding an "allocatable" attribute to
> "subComponent" results in a successful compile.

Right, the code is invalid, which makes the bug you're seeing an
"ICE-on-invalid". Also, it seems to be a regression in 4.6/4.7, since
4.5 correctly rejects the code:

    class(nodeWrapper) :: subComponent
                                      1
Error: Component 'subcomponent' with CLASS at (1) must be allocatable or pointer

> I haven't found this in bugzilla but wanted to double check that this isn't a
> known problem before submitting a bug report.

I don't think we have a PR in bugzilla for this yet. Could you please
file one? I'll try to take care of it soon.

Thanks for reporting ...

Cheers,
Janus