Re: [patch, libgfortran] PR48906 Wrong rounding results with -m32

On Sat, Jun 11, 2011 at 14:41, jerry DeLisle <jvdelisle@charter.net> wrote:
> This was established as solution to PR48488 where we had two choices for
> selecting the significant digits. Nine significant digits was established as
> a requirement to guarantee round trip in all cases. The char4_iunit_1.f03
> test case was revised because after we corrected the formatting in PR48906,
> it started to fail and I observed the test case was looking for the wrong
> number of significant digits.
>
> Based on this, I would suggest we leave it as I have it, which is correct.

I'm afraid it's not.

1.23450002E-06 has nine significant digits. That's how it should be.

We don't want 1PG16.9E2 editing for list-directed and G0,
but G16.9E2 for the F editing range and 1PE16.8E2 editing for the E range.

This is to make sure the result always has nine significant digits,
whether in the F or E range.