This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GNU Fortran project.
Re: Double colon in procedure-stmt (generic interface)
- From: Steve Kargl <sgk at troutmask dot apl dot washington dot edu>
- To: Erik Toussaint <eh dot toussaint at gmail dot com>
- Cc: fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 16:04:16 -0700
- Subject: Re: Double colon in procedure-stmt (generic interface)
- References: <BANLkTi=h3rT9rew4py5DyVW+gDgC8aJfirstname.lastname@example.org>
On Thu, Jun 02, 2011 at 12:43:33AM +0200, Erik Toussaint wrote:
> In Fortran 2008 the (module) procedure statement in a generic
> interface can contain a double colon, according to R1206:
> R1206 procedure-stmt is [ MODULE ] PROCEDURE [ :: ] procedure-name-list
> Am I interpreting the standard correctly, and is this a (minuscule)
> bug in gfortran?
I suppose it is a bug to the extent that gfortran does not
R1206 module-procedure-stmt is MODULE PROCEDURE procedure-name-list
R1206 procedure-stmt is [ MODULE ] PROCEDURE procedure-name-list
so the double colon appears to be new with F2008. Can you
submit a bug report in bugzilla? This should be fairly
easily to fix.