Re: Sandbox branch for gfortran 4.5 patches

Steve Kargl wrote:

On Tue, Jan 06, 2009 at 10:30:43AM +0100, Tobias Burnus wrote:
regarding the sandbox branch: I'm not sure how useful it is; after all,
we want to apply the patches one-by-one when 4.5 opens and not as a huge
chunk - and splitting them will not be easy.

An svn commit is atomic. We should easily be able to generate an ordered sequence of patches.

Or we could try to obtain permission to apply the changes of the branch to the new trunk as a whole.

After all, other development branches (like tuples) are merged as a whole too.

Additionally, one needs to merge the trunk into the branch regularly,
which also not always works.

Yes, but every development branch needs a maintainer anyway (I wish that was mentioned here: http://gcc.gnu.org/develop.html, but it isn't).

Yes, it will if all gfortran work is done in the branch. Frequent
merges of the non-gfortran change would be needed, but there should
be few to no conflicts.

I think so too.

--
Toon Moene - e-mail: toon@moene.org (*NEW*) - phone: +31 346 214290