Re: Sandbox branch for gfortran 4.5 patches

Dear All,

> The last status report for 4.4 was issued on 11-27-08.  According to
> the IRC header, there are 128 regressions on trunk.  I suspect that
> branching won't occur anytime soon.

I would not be so sure of that.  If I understood correctly, there are
4/5 regressions left to fix.

> Also, note there are Daniel's finalization patch, pault's memleak
> option patch, my errmsg for [de]allocate patch, and ISTR a patch from
> Janus for procedure pointers (but he may have already committed that).

If we do this, it will be essential to stop all but regression fixes
on 4.4.  Otherwise, merging will be just too much of a hassle - right,
Steve?

As well as the memleak patch, which I am not sure what to do with
because there was a divergence between folk wanting more and those
wanting less:-), I am about to return to the whole file compilation,
so that double declarations, interface checking and other good things
can be implemented.  Finally, I MUST make a start on the array
descriptor update, as promised.

Cheers

Paul