undefined references in f2c

Dear all,

 I have to complile a mixture of code written in C++ and Fortran. That
code was made to run in Sun OS, but I am doing the porting to Linux.
For compiling C++ I am using g++ and for compiling fortran I am using
f2c and gcc (4.1.1). I made a download of f2c and the libraries
libf2c. I started to compile, but I am getting troubles in some local
libraries of undefined references even when I use -lgfortran. I made
some readings in the net and people talk about uncompatibilities.
Can you help me in this issue?

Thanks in advance,
Carla Santos