Re: fortran .mod files

Hi folks,

I have another (hopefully easy!) question about gfortran *.mod files.  I
understand that they are compiler and target dependant.  My question
is: how compiler dependent?  Do the GCC ABI compatibility rules extend
to *.mod files?  I've searched a bit with Google and am not having any
luck finding a reference.

For instance, is it safe to assume that all *.mod files produced with,
say, gfortran from GCC 4.2.1 will (assuming in all cases an identical
set of compiler flags) be compatible with gfortran as shipped in GCC
4.2.2?

Thank you for your time!

Ed

--