This is the mail archive of the fortran@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GNU Fortran project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: read float into integer


pkienzle wrote:
> I don't know if it is a bug, but gfortran does not truncate floating point
> values toward 0 on input.  The f90 code I'm trying to compile assumes that
> it does.
>   

This seems to be a very special Intel Fortran Compiler feature as I get:

 Couldn't read integer.

with gfortran, NAG f95, g95, openf95 and sunf95 (all give exactly the
same error message). Only ifort shows:

           2 T

It seems as if you rely on a very special compiler extension.

Tobias


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]