This is the mail archive of the
fortran@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GNU Fortran project.
RE: [libgfortran,patch] Use __mingw_snprintf instead of snprintf when possible
- From: Danny Smith <dannysmith at clear dot net dot nz>
- To: 'François-Xavier Coudert' <fxcoudert at gmail dot com>
- Cc: 'GFortran' <fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org>, 'gcc-patches' <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 21:46:47 +1200
- Subject: RE: [libgfortran,patch] Use __mingw_snprintf instead of snprintf when possible
> From: François-Xavier Coudert
> Sent: Friday, 24 August 2007 1:07 a.m.
>
> Patch committed as rev. 127739. Danny, as mingw maintainer, I think
> it's your call for 4.2: do you want me to commit the patch to the 4.2
> branch? It is a regression, technically, because gfortran-4.2 isn't
> usable on mingw unless patched)
No technically its not a regression. gfortran was never useable on mingw
unless patched.
Please let the dust settle in mingw.org first.
I don't have resources to devote to both 4.2.2 and 4.3.0. 4.3 is
definitely more important to me
I perceive gcc-4.2 as a preview of 4.3. 4.3 may be the real thing for
mingw. Judging by the bug reports that an experimental mingw 4.2.1
release (with some 4.3 backports) has stimuluted, I still think there is
a lot of work to get a stable 4.x mingw.
So, to answer your question, no. Do not backport. As they say in the
cygwin empire: WJM (we're just mean)
Danny
>
> FX
>