This is the mail archive of the
fortran@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GNU Fortran project.
Re: [PATCH, fortran] PR20441 -finit-local-zero
- From: "François-Xavier Coudert" <fxcoudert at gmail dot com>
- To: "Asher Langton" <langton2 at llnl dot gov>
- Cc: "Tobias Burnus" <burnus at net-b dot de>, "fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org" <fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 12:29:03 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, fortran] PR20441 -finit-local-zero
- Dkim-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; b=s5RmePsiFvf255J60YVp1S2DEWcTqEJUmRQfhbKmurCDozF5T0dxyG4vN7u7ugVr9a9rSfGRjSd0rT6zFHjFUbDRo6xFv9vpUuCji48tAT+MdwilatsigFyKdsJx0LKVaQmYpHB44DSacokDFANrbD01dyDMk1v4Yb89s4o/720=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; b=aYBpbkGopJRzEecZGtSOS9CXIRuyNwXnVB3COdoCqBEgQRPTs5kNL1ViE1VuPuXh++xcyOvcVqO7Nydi73RLbmKsyEDoHFGocBueUonZXSgiYqMxglQ4Z1pzemB+Y6jRI4Dm47Ku8m/ovHgXFGfwxMeA+P7oxcAImli8zqHPh8s=
- References: <1953a4560708171312u705f5bf4ie9d8ce645d2f02b6@mail.gmail.com> <46C9C1C0.6070107@net-b.de> <1953a4560708201048u3f8b95f4o873ee4204da0edca@mail.gmail.com>
>> PS: I wonder whether it makes sense to have -finit-character=c to
>> initially character variables with, e.g. "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX".
>
> It makes sense, but I left it out because I didn't know if anyone
> would find it useful. I can easily add an finit-character option,
> though.
I'd find it useful. I think -finit-character=32 would fill with
spaces, and so on (ie, using a ASCII value as argument).
FX