This is the mail archive of the
fortran@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GNU Fortran project.
End-of-life of the "g77 compatibility" meta-bug, PR19292
- From: FX Coudert <fxcoudert at gmail dot com>
- To: GNU Fortran <fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 00:24:53 +0100
- Subject: End-of-life of the "g77 compatibility" meta-bug, PR19292
- Dkim-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:mime-version:content-transfer-encoding:message-id:content-type:to:from:subject:date:x-mailer; b=fTwwWFzqKCr1YvEXcrd+9w9vpcAbvx8u3j+Q4kAYHAR88D3uQc9+Oo+et408l/MvMn/fvbEqtSrw7XT/D7ifV7Q0iCrRJJg/BPR68/Wf3I77o9ILVXkhHOal5IvD/Wu/V2UUPxnwnobZLbDu/3CwnQ6cz8qU76ikV/ZY1S2xIh8=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=received:mime-version:content-transfer-encoding:message-id:content-type:to:from:subject:date:x-mailer; b=K0aqKjazYv4Ki3+RQ1jQgO8WQ98/6UkVnWZY/j8qdIbqmrcSmXCHj4z14XmM1nZXkKYedNPOTxivO9SUgy/1oNdBqxeei2IOIKIl9FIquIakuWgnajJzr63XiK+QgyDC04SSVW73AoK5fnCL5ZvAnTVQeQ1CA0e2mvkhOOwo2b4=
Hi all,
I'm waiting for a late-in-night phone call, so I took time to read
through our complete list of bugs and I stumber upon our g77 bug. I
would suggest that we get rid of it, because it only has a few
active PRs related to him:
* meta-bug 24546, about debug-info problems
* PR22244, debug-info for multidimensional arrays, which I believe
is partially fixed by Jakub's recent patch
* PR20441, -finit-local-zero, on which Asher is working
* PR18026, BOZ initialization of reals, which is indeed a point
where we have *chosen* not to be g77-compatible, but to follow F2003
Moreover, there are some many fixed bugs (hurray) in this meta-bug
that OPEN ones are hard to detect. So, I suggest that we close
PR19292, which after years of serving us well deserve a peaceful
rest. I've put it in WAITing state [1] while I am waiting for your
opinion.
FX
[1] I did so to be sure I don't forget about it: I regularly run a
search on WAITing and UNCONFIRMED bugs, to be sure bugs get correct
triaging and we don't leave one unattended in a corner :)