This is the mail archive of the fortran@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GNU Fortran project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: [gfortran,patch] Allow backtracing non-library errors


:ADDPATCH fortran:

the patch compiles and regtests ok on i686-pc-linux-gnu (Debian
testing).

I can't get it to produce meaningful backtraces, though

The answer I got from the glibc mailing-list is that it's a bug in glibc or/and the kernel, which is likely to have been fixed in later glibc/kernel releases. What's more, the backtrace patch gives meaningful backtraces except for the top frame; for our small testcases, it's quite unusable, but for more complex programs, where the backtrace can contain hundreds of frames, it's probably of less importance. With these reasons in mind, I'd like to ask for a review of that patch, in its current state. Of course, if there emerge a consensus that it's not the right thing to do, I'll withdraw it.


PS: Special offer for the second week-end of august: with all the people on vacation, consensus starts at 1 maintainer! ;-)

Bootstrapped and regtested on x86_64-linux, OK for mainline?

FX


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]