This is the mail archive of the
fortran@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GNU Fortran project.
Re: libgfortran.so.3: cannot open shared object file
- From: RadSurfer <RadSurfer at yahoo dot com>
- To: fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 07:21:53 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: libgfortran.so.3: cannot open shared object file
- References: <loom.20070809T025824-880@post.gmane.org>
RadSurfer <RadSurfer <at> yahoo.com> writes:
> At least I got the 4.3.0 gfortran to "run",
> and it appears to compile... however:
>
> [RadSurfer <at> centos fortran]$ gfortran se2.f95 -o se2
> [RadSurfer <at> centos fortran]$ ./se2
> ./se2: error while loading shared libraries: libgfortran.so.3: cannot open
> shared object file: No such file or directory
[snippity-snip]
The solution here was rediculously simple, I even found it by myself:
(I re-read the install url again, too :-)
[RadSurfer@centos fortran]$ export
LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/local/gfortran/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"
[RadSurfer@centos fortran]$ echo ${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}
/usr/local/gfortran/lib:
(this is safe in any event, whether L_L_P already exists or not :-)
[RadSurfer@centos fortran]$ gfortran se2.f95
[RadSurfer@centos fortran]$ ./a.out
hi -1.00000000000000 -1.665334536937735E-016 1.00000000000000
2.00000000000000 2.00000000000000
1.00000000000000 0.00000000000000 1.00000000000000
0.00000000000000 0.00000000000000 -3.00000000000000
1.00000000000000 -2.00000000000000 1.00000000000000
0.00000000000000 3.00000000000000 -3.00000000000000
1.00000000000000 -1.00000000000000 1.00000000000000
-1.00000000000000 3.00000000000000 0.00000000000000
0.00000000000000 0.00000000000000 0.00000000000000
-1.00000000000000 0.00000000000000 0.00000000000000
0.00000000000000
[RadSurfer@centos fortran]$