This is the mail archive of the fortran@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GNU Fortran project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: [Bug fortran/32732] [Bind C] Character scalars are passed as arrays


Hi Christopher,

2007-08-03 Christopher D. Rickett <crickett@lanl.gov>

	PR fortran/32732
	* trans-expr.c (gfc_conv_scalar_char_value): Convert the tree and
	actual arg expressions for scalar characters passed by-value to
	bind(c) routines.
	(gfc_conv_function_call): Call gfc_conv_scalar_char_value.
	* trans.h: Add prototype for gfc_conv_scalar_char_value.
	* trans-decl.c (generate_local_decl): Convert by-value character
	dummy args of bind(c) procedures using
	gfc_conv_scalar_char_value.

I'm willing to review that one, but I must confess that I got completely lost at some point of this huge thread on the mailing- list. Perhaps you could give us a short two-sentences explaining again (sorry) the reason behind the patch; this could even end up as comments in the code, for future reference (this business appears to be tricky, I'm sure it will resurface at some later point in the compiler's very long life!).


PS: I believe you forgot to CC the gcc-patches list in your initial submission

Thanks in advance,
FX


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]