This is the mail archive of the fortran@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GNU Fortran project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: installing Fortran


Hi,

Leonardo Andres Espinosa Leal wrote:
> How I can to install gfortran in Slackware 9.1 machine?
>   
Well, depends whether you want to compile it yourself or whether you
want to use binaries.

In the latter case, you could try the binaries offered at
http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/GFortranBinaries#GNU/Linux

I don't know whether Slackware offers gfortran binaries for 9.1 (I would
assume 11.0 contains them). In any case you should avoid GCC 4.0's
gfortran as this version rather buggy. The versions 4.1, 4.2 or our
developer builds 4.3 are all usable - and the higher the version number,
the better the Fortran part but especially 4.3 might not always work
(depends on the day); nonetheless, it does work most of the time and we
have many happy 4.3 users.

Tobias


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]