This is the mail archive of the
fortran@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GNU Fortran project.
Re: [patch, RFC] Fix PR 30389 - ASCII functions
On Wed, Jan 24, 2007 at 10:02:34PM +0100, Thomas Koenig wrote:
:ADDPATCH fortran:
> Here is an updated patch, also with a new test case. I added the
> warnings that Brooks suggested. I also changed the handling of
> extract_int (which was broken before, because it should never fail,
> and if it did, we'd be assigning a random value to the function
> return).
I forgot to add the ADDPATCH, and I forgot to mention that this
was regression-tested on i686-pc-linux-gnu.
> OK?
>
> 2007-01-22 Thomas Koenig <Thomas.Koenig@online.de>
>
> PR libfortran/30389
> * gfortran.h: Remove gfc_simplify_init_1.
> * arith.h: Remove third argument from gfc_compare_string.
> * arith.c(gfc_compare_expression): Remove third argument
> from call to gfc_compare_string.
> (gfc_compare_string): Remove third argument xcoll_table.
> Remove use of xcoll_table.
> * misc.c(gfc_init_1): Remove call to gfc_simplify_init_1.
> * simplify.c(ascii_table): Remove.
> (xascii_table): Likewise.
> (gfc_simplify_achar): ICE if extract_int fails. Remove use of
> ascii_table. Warn if -Wsurprising and value < 0 or > 127.
> (gfc_simplify_char): ICE if extract_int fails. Warn if
> -Wsurprising and value < 0 or value > 255.
> (gfc_simplify_iachar): Remove use of xascii_table.
> Char values outside of 0..255 are an ICE.
> (gfc_simplify_lge): Remove use of xascii_table.
> (gfc_simplify_lgt): Likewise.
> (gfc_simplify_lle): Likewise.
> (gfc_simplify_llt): Likewise.
> (invert_table): Remove.
> (gfc_simplify_init_1): Remove.
>
> 2007-01-22 Thomas Koenig <Thomas.Koenig@online.de>
>
> PR libfortran/30389
> * gfortran.dg/achar_2.f90: New test.
> * gfortran.dg/achar_3.f90: New test.