This is the mail archive of the fortran@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GNU Fortran project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: help in creating gfortran windows binaries



On Fri, 26 Jan 2007, Jerry DeLisle wrote:

> Angelo Graziosi wrote:
> > Jerry DeLisle wrote:
> > 
> >> My only question is how frequently should we do this?
> > 
> > 
> > Considering the fast development of GFortran, once per week ???
> > (Remember that the linux binaries are released, almost, once per day)
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > Cheers,
> > 
> >    Angelo.
> > 
> > 
> I finished a build last night and I am regression testing now.  Angelo, after I 
> tar this up and post it, will you test to make sure it works OK?
> 

Obviously I will happy to test, but...

I have just tried
http://quatramaran.ens.fr/~coudert/gfortran/gfortran-4.3-Cygwin-i686.tar.bz2
22:36 

Running

$ gfc -v

the result is


Using built-in specs.
Target: i686-pc-cygwin
Configured with: ../gcc/configure --prefix=/home/jerry/usr
--enable-languages=c,
fortran --disable-libmudflap --enable-libgomp --disable-checking
--enable-thread
s --enable-werror
Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.3.0 20070124 (experimental)


but 

$ cat hello.F95
program hello
  implicit none
  write(*,*) 'Hello!'
end program hello

$ gfc hello.F95


hangs as all the 'i686' packages: I have an AMD Duron on which only the
'Athlon' packages work.

Sometime (it takes almost 7 hours) I build GFortran myself configuring as
shown below:

$ gfc -v
Using built-in specs.
Target: i686-pc-cygwin
Configured with: /tmp/gcc/configure --prefix=/usr/local/gfortran
--enable-languages=c,fortran --enable-bootstrap --enable-threads=posix
--enable-sjlj-exceptions --enable-version-specific-runtime-libs
--enable-nls --disable-libmudflap --disable-shared --disable-win32-registry --with-system-zlib
--without-included-gettext --without-x
Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.3.0 20070126 (experimental)

(then make, make install) and these builds works.


With them I have build CERNLIB-2005 and both the CERNLIB application in
Fortran 77/95 work (usually).

To build I use
http://quatramaran.ens.fr/~coudert/gfortran/gcc-svn-light.tar.bz2 or
http://quatramaran.ens.fr/~coudert/gfortran/gcc-svn.tar.bz2 or I download
from SVN.

To build after configure, DO you use some specific cygwin patches ? 

I cannot explain (from differences between yours and mine configure
options) why the 'i686' packages do not work on my system.



Cheers,

   Angelo.



Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]