This is the mail archive of the fortran@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GNU Fortran project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: help in creating gfortran windows binaries


Vivek Rao wrote:
--- Jerry DeLisle <jvdelisle@verizon.net> wrote:

Vivek Rao wrote:
FX Coudert wrote on comp.lang.fortran that Windows
binaries would be created more often if someone
would
" a) be sent the scripts that I use to build
gfortran
windows binaries and get access to the website where we
usually
post our binaries,

b) donate a remotely accessible account on a
Windows
XP computer,"

Regarding (a), I suggest that the scripts be
posted on
the wiki, so that I and other can look at them.

Regarding (b), I have a broadband connection on my
Windows XP computer at home -- what should I do?

Thanks to FX for the (now working) Windows binary.

Vivek Rao


I was already planning to do regular Cygwin builds
and copy them out to the server referenced in the wiki. My only question is
how frequently should we do this?

Thank you for the planned Cygwin builds, but the gfortran wiki recommends the mingw version as the default choice for Windows users, so I think regularly creating mingw builds for mingw is important.

The mingw version of g95 is the most popular one
according to http://www.g95.org/src.shtml .


The mingw builds are occurring daily from the gcc compile farm I believe, so the Cygwin build I will plan on weekly.

Jerry


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]