This is the mail archive of the fortran@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GNU Fortran project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: Pronouncing gfortran


On Wed, Jan 24, 2007 at 10:36:04PM +0100, Thomas Koenig wrote:
> Hello world,
> 
> How does everybody pronounce gfortran?  Silent "g", as in "gnu",
> or as a separate "g"?
> 
> If this turns out to have a definite answer, maybe we should
> include it in the docs :-)
> 

I've never given it much thought, and do I've always
pronounced it as "gee"fortran.  If we go with an 
official pronunciation, I suppose it would be "new"fortran
as in the animal gnu.

-- 
Steve


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]