This is the mail archive of the fortran@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GNU Fortran project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: Segfault


Il giorno gio, 18/01/2007 alle 20.05 +0100, Thomas Koenig ha scritto:
> Hi Salvatore,
> 
> > I am seeing the following: 
> > #2  0x0011dc17 in allocate_size (size=1067645825, stat=0x2c9120)
> >     at ../../../gcc-4.2-20061226/libgfortran/runtime/memory.c:182
> > #3  0x0011ddcb in *_gfortran_allocate_array (mem=0x0, size=48964, 
> >     stat=0xbfc6c4e0)
> >     at ../../../gcc-4.2-20061226/libgfortran/runtime/memory.c:237
> > #4  0x080a5271 in __psb_realloc_mod__psb_dreallocate1i
> > (len=@0xbfc6c7fc, 
> >     rrax=@0xa59c340, info=@0xbfc6cffc, pad=0x0, lb=0x0)
> >     at psb_realloc_mod.F90:608
> > 
> > Looks exceedingly strange: if size is 48964 upon entering
> > gfortran_allocate_array, how can it become (size=1067645825, in
> > allocate_size ???? 
> 
> I agree, this looks strange.  Also, the pointer to stat is
> different.  Maybe gdb is confused about something.
> 
Sure looks like that. I was sure from the start that it is a bug in my
code, and I think I have found where it happens, but this stack trace is
very confusing..... 
> > What on earth am I doing wrong????? 
> 
> You're not providing a test case so we can check for ourselves :-)
> 
Yeah, it's an MPI code with multiple processes, you don't really want to
delve into it. But I though the symptoms were strange enough to ask...
never mind
Salvatore


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]