This is the mail archive of the fortran@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GNU Fortran project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

PRs 18769 and 29786


Since Brooks took an interest and offered to develop these PRs further, I have reassigned them to him.

Sorry, Brooks :-)

The fundamental part of both problems is to lay out the gfc_expr's for the initializers/arrays into a signed char array and then to reconstitute it into a field in the union or another gfc_expr with the appropriate typespec and arrayspec. This is more or less done for PR29786 (modulo testing with different endian-nesses) and, once accomplished, the way looks clear to do PR18769

I will give Brooks every help/advice/assistance that I can but I have to bail out now.

Paul

PS Brooks, if this is too much, reassign them to me; we should flag that a fix is in progress.




Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]