This is the mail archive of the fortran@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GNU Fortran project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: UNMASK() intrinsic?


-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 09:05:43 -0800
Von: Brooks Moses <brooks.moses@codesourcery.com>
An: fortran@gcc.gnu.org
Betreff: Re: UNMASK() intrinsic?

Brooks,

> > have you tried 
> >       call umask('0444'O,oldmask)
> >       call system("umask")
> >       call umask('0333'O)
> >       call system("umask")
> >       call umask(oldmask,newmask)
> >       call system("umask")
> > and
> >       oldmask=umask('0444'O)
> >       call system("umask")
> >       newmask=umask(oldmask)
> >       call system("umask")
> > 

> I think you're just confused as to my question -- I'm wondering about an 
> intrinsic purportedly called UNMASK, with an "N" as the second 
> character.  You're referring to UMASK, without that "N".

Indeed, sorry for my confusion, this mail writing was an poor attempt
of mine to do multitasking: doing serious work and reading a mailing
list at the same time. I failed miserably :-(

 
> That's a good bit of example code for UMASK, though -- mind if I use it 
> when I get around to the documentation for that?
> 

No problem. Just use it if you like. But please correct the
BOZ to the standard conforming O'0444', using prefixes.

Manfred
-- 
Der GMX SmartSurfer hilft bis zu 70% Ihrer Onlinekosten zu sparen! 
Ideal für Modem und ISDN: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/smartsurfer


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]