This is the mail archive of the fortran@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GNU Fortran project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: [Fortran] Massive whitespace patch.


On Mon, Jan 01, 2007 at 03:58:44PM -0800, Mike Stump wrote:
> On Jan 1, 2007, at 3:31 PM, Brooks Moses wrote:
> >Steve Kargl wrote:
> >>On Mon, Jan 01, 2007 at 11:34:33PM +0100, Thomas Koenig wrote:
> > >> What will this do to backports to 4.2?
> 
> >I think what Thomas is referring to is that any patchfile for 4.3  
> >that touches a spot with changed whitespace will not apply to 4.2,
> 
> If desired, whitespace can be also so fixed on the 4.2 branch, thus,  
> the changes then port back with greater ease.  I think that is  
> reasonable.

Mike, I literally visually scanned every line of code to develop
this patch.  The gfortran frontend code was a potpourri of styles.
There were no automated tools to clean this up.  The OpenMp files
were the cleanest in the patch, and yet I add blanked line to 
make it conform to the rest of gfortran (apologies to Jakub, rth,
and Diego).

-- 
Steve


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]