Re: [patch,fortran,committed] Fixed memory allocation in expr.c for 4.2 [PR29713]

Seems to me like a fairly clear way of apportioning blame and credit appropriately, though I haven't seen it used that often. (I've also seen just the "Backport from mainline:" line used, in cases where someone was backporting their own patch.) I think it's a form that's worth encouraging.

I was once told against this form (when I started contributing to gfortran) by some people on the gcc-patches list, and now stick to the rules that were told me on this occasion: the person holding copyright for the change should be the one mentionned in the ChangeLog, because subversion already registers the name of the person actually doing the commit.

But in this case, the change is really trivial, so there is really no need to think for more than a second :)

FX