This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GNU Fortran project.
Re: using gprof with mingw Gfortran
- From: Brooks Moses <brooks dot moses at codesourcery dot com>
- To: fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2006 12:25:18 -0800
- Subject: Re: using gprof with mingw Gfortran
- Organization: Stanford University
- References: <email@example.com>
Vivek Rao wrote:
Using mingw gfortran gcc version 4.3.0 20061021 on
Windows XP, I have created an executable with
gfortran -pg a.f90 b.f90
and run the a.exe executable a.out to create a
gmon.out file. When I run
using GNU gprof 2.16.93 I get the output
gprof: gmon.out: not in executable format
Does gprof work with mingw gfortran?
What happens if you try "gprof a.exe gmon.out" instead? Your error
message sounds like mingw gprof doesn't know to default to a.exe rather
than a.out for the executable file name, and so when it doesn't find an
a.out file, it's expecting the first argument to be the executable.