Re: [patch,fortran] texi patch: fix CHMOD entry, list volatile and internal-file namelist support

On Tue, Nov 07, 2006 at 03:05:04PM +0100, Tobias Burnus wrote:
> :ADDPATCH fortran:
>
> The first small patch adds VOLATILE and the internal-file namelist
> support to the supported Fortran 2003 features.
>
> The second corrects the CHMOD entry. I claimed that CHMOD as function
> does not work. It does, but subroutine and function don't work in the
> same program.
>
> Question to the latter: How to handle intrinsics which are function and
> subroutine in one?
> One entry? Two entries? How distinguish argument and return value?
> My patch puts them in one entry, is this ok?

I think one entry is fine.  We should probably add a sentence
at the end of the description to make it clear that the
function and subroutine forms cannot be mixed.  Perhaps,

"The function and subroutine forms of CHMOD cannot be
 mixed within a program."

In the above, program may actually be only the "same
scoping unit".

--
Steve