Re: Emacs and GFortran

I volunteered.  And now you are calling me of all people hostile and
on top of that ignorant? The fix in question is so trivial that it
takes more time to read your message than actually fixing it!

The fix you posted, if commited, would leave us with a testsuite full of failures. We all agree that changing the two lines in error.c is trivial, but what takes more time is adapting the testsuite accordingly (I provided the probable location for that change) and providing a proposal with examples of cases before/after on typical situations, as I already indicated.

We're still open to a patch, and willing to help you reach the state
of something that can be incorporated. Or if you stop before that
final point, someone else will finish the work, in which case the best
thing ffor you to do is to attach the last version of your patch the
PR.

FX