Re: Emacs and GFortran

Hi,

Stefan Monnier wrote:
>> hello.F:3:                                       <===
>>

> This is the error message using the standard GNU format
>
>>  In file hello.F:3
>>
> This uses a gratuitously different format.  Please complain to the GFortran
> authors about it.  Maybe they have a good reason for it, of course, in which
> case we'd like to know about it.  But otherwise, they should change it to
> follow GNU standards.

We currently use in error.c (show_locus):
     error_printf ("In file %s:%d\n", f->filename,
Thus we would need to change this to
     error_printf ("%s:%d:\n", f->filename,

We currently print:
------------------------------------
In file hello.F:3

write(*,) 'Hello!'
      1
Error: Syntax error in WRITE statement at (1)
------------------------------------
and then
hello.F:3:

write(*,) 'Hello!'
      1
Error: Syntax error in WRITE statement at (1)

Should we do this change to make Emacs happy?

By the way, g95 has the same problem.

Tobias