This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GNU Fortran project.
Re: gfortran 4.1
- From: Steve Kargl <sgk at troutmask dot apl dot washington dot edu>
- To: Warren Turkal <wt at atmos dot colostate dot edu>
- Cc: fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 20:35:10 -0700
- Subject: Re: gfortran 4.1
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Thu, Oct 26, 2006 at 09:10:03PM -0600, Warren Turkal wrote:
> Would it make sense that gfortran 4.1 cannot read a pointer from a module?
Perhaps. There are many bugs that have been fixed that may not
have been back ported to 4.1.
> Debian Etch is shipping with gfortran 4.1, which seems to not handle this
> case. I am not a fortran coder and seem to be unable to reduce my file to
> something reasonable after preprocessing. Also, the code is not under any
> explicit license, so I won't post it here. However, I know it only occurs if
> I include the netcdf module. Any ideas?
If you can't provide a testcase, then I suggest upgrading to
a 4.2 or 4.3 compiler.