Re: Automatic parallelization in 4.3?

From: Tobias Burnus <burnus@net-b.de>
(I don't know how well -ftree-parallelize-loops will work, but the
autoparallelization in ifort made one of my programs actually slightly
slower (on a dual-core AMD) than a single process [I don't know how
typical this is]. However, it is nice that GCC will have it.)

Tobias

Don't expect too much on auto-parallelizer. Parallel code does not guarantee a faster solution unless the parallel code is well programmed in efficient parallel algorithm. There is no surprise that multi-threaded application is slower than a sequential version.

Get FREE company branded e-mail accounts and business Web site from Microsoft Office Live http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/mcrssaub0050001411mrt/direct/01/