Re: Including GMP/MPFR in GCC repository?

Hi Rob,

Rob wrote:
> So my gmp version is alright, but something is wrong
> with the mpfr.h file. Does that mean my gmp packages
> are out-of-date, or is this test shooting itself in
> the foot?

If I understood Steve correctly, having no MPFR_VERSION_* in mpfr.h
means that your mpfr is too old.
What does rpm -q mpfr mpfr-devel print? (If possible, you should have
mpfr 2.2.0 with patch 16, though 2.2.0 without those patches also works
[may produce some errors in some cases, though].)

Using an older mpfr may work, but can produce wrong results.
Using gcc 4.3 you should really have the newest mpfr as, first, in
gfortran some workarounds for older mpfr have been removed and,
secondly, the middle end and thus C/C++ will really soon also use mpfr
(needing patch 7 for the correct result).

Tobias