Re: [RFC] Slightly improved DWARF2 debug info for Fortran

On 10/22/06, Mark Mitchell <mark@codesourcery.com> wrote:
Steven Bosscher wrote:

> +         tree type = TREE_TYPE (node);
> +
>           add_name_and_src_coords_attributes (parm_die, node);
> -         add_type_attribute (parm_die, TREE_TYPE (node),
> +         if (is_fortran ()
> +             && TREE_CODE (node) == PARM_DECL
> +             && TREE_CODE (type) == REFERENCE_TYPE)
> +           type = TREE_TYPE (type);
> +         add_type_attribute (parm_die, type,

Could this bit be keyed off of the calling convention, rather than off
of is_fortran()?  I think we should be trying to minimize
language-awareness here.  So, if we've set the calling convention
attribute earlier, we could remember that, and then use that here.  That
will make handling future languages with similar calling conventions easier.

You mean like, setting a flag somewhen early in the compilation that the language wants to use call-by-reference conventions, and then check for the flag instead of is_fortran()? Sure, I can do that.

Gr.
Steven