Re: F2003 features (was: Re: [Patch, fortran] PR20541 - allocatable components (TR15541))

> This is an absolutely great idea. I would like to see gfortran
> displace g77 in all distributions. As it stands, Debian Etch will not
> ship with gfortran being the preferred fortran compiler.

[ I never get these Debian naming conventions right, but ... ]

The Debian AMD64 testing that I use at home on my laptop switched to gcc-4.1 as the system compiler months ago. This also means that gfortran is the system Fortran compiler.

It is my understanding that the Debian project still aims at making this the stable release before the end of the year.

--
Toon Moene, KNMI, The Netherlands
Phone: +31 30 2206443; e-mail: moene@knmi.nl