Copyright years in generated files (was: Re: [gfortran,patch] Fix intrinsics used as actual arguments)

The copyright years need changing. Are these sufficiently different in your opinion that you should appear as the contributer?

OK for copyright years. I don't think there's reason enough to put my name in these files.

Hum. Not OK for copyright years, after all.

The copyright year for generated files is from head.m4, and is currently 2002. These files have been modified since, and it's a pain because updating this copyright year means regenerating most files, while only some of them have changed (which means, they do not all need the copyright years change).

What is the project (or FSF) position on this? If we have a file foo.m4, that is used to generate files foo1.c, foo2.c, etc., which are all included in GCC trunk (and only regenerated by maintainers), what copyright years and statement should foo.m4 bear? and foo1.c, foo2.c?

FX