Re: A prototype loop reverser for the scalarizer

Jack Howarth wrote:
Richard,
    Have you tried the prototype code with any of
the common benchmarks like Polyhedron? If so
did it make a noticable difference?
              Jack

Posts I have seen on Polyhedron showed no use of the vectorizer. I haven't seen any code there which depends on loop reversal analysis, but there is plenty which depends on loop nest switching to enable vectorization and parallelization. The air benchmark could gain 25% by vectorization, and 50% more by parallelization on single socket dual core.
Levine-Callahan-Dongarra vector benchmark includes several loops which are efficiently vectorized only with loop reversal analysis. gfortran already saves 2 cases where ifort inserts temporary arrays.