Re: Darwin -m64 results

On Aug 23, 2006, at 4:57 PM, Jack Howarth wrote:
...which is quite nice since it is the same number of failures as with -m32 with three additional unexpected passes.

Excellent. Nice to hear.

What I found was that I could set a breakpoint at assign.f90:1 but when I tried to run the program the break point wasn't honored.

Type start at gdb, gdb will give you control; but that's a gdb question...

Do I need Xcode 2.4 for a 64-bit saavy gdb

You left ppc64 out of that question, no, not for ppc64.

or do I need to build from the gdb cvs to have usable breakpoints in fortran code on 64-bit Darwin?

I can't predict where the bug is, so I cannot predict what would fix it. I'd first assume the compiler is buggy, and then try and prove that it isn't.