non-fatal bounds checking

   I noticed an array bounds indexing error in xplor-nih last
night and that led me to try to use -fbounds-check when compiling
its fortran code. Unfortunately the code is f77 and uses a custom
heap allocation and de-allocation routines which result in the
HEAP array always violating its indices. Is there any way in
gfortran to compile in bound-checks that only warns rather than
exits the program at run-time? Thanks in advance for any ideas.
           Jack