Re: bootstrap failure on darwin

On Mar 10, 2005, at 11:58 AM, Boyd Waters wrote:

I am new to the list, but have tried searching for an answer on the list archives, Bugzilla, and Google. No luck so far...
I cannot build libgfortran, at stage3 in objbuild_dir/build-powerpc-apple-darwin8.0.0/libgfortran:

conftest.c:96: warning: only weak aliases are supported in this configuration
conftest.c:96: warning: 'bar' aliased to undefined symbol '_foo'
/usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
_bar
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Two things, one darwin 8.0.0 has not been released yet so I cannot help you there.
The only thing is you might want to add --disable-multilib if you don't have a G5
as the default multilibs include 64bit which causes a bootstrap failure.

I have tried to understand this email
( http://www.archivum.info/gcc-patches@gcc.gnu.org/2004-10/msg01628.html )
but it is difficult to jump into the middle of the conversation.

FWIW, I also tried building on OS X 10.3.8 with updated cctools, libiconv, and readline. No luck. Of course gmp with mpfr are installed and seem to work correctly,

Here I have no problem on 10.3.7 with just the updated cctools and gmp/mpfr
installed.

-- Pinski