Unable to use gcc or g77 run f77 files locally

Hi,
I have some problem you mentioned online regarding why gcc or mingw cannot
run fortran files.

I usually use our college server which is unix based to login via ssh and
compile or run my fortran files by just changing the input. I recently
found that fortran files can not only be run locally on our harddrive with
free compilers available like gcc in mingw or cygwin but also interface it
with matlab using gnumex available all in sourceforge.net

I couldnt interface with matlab I thought only other easy way to compile
was to use the free compilers locally. But still this doesnt work ( gives
warnings and then stops doesnt create .out files or .dat files that are
usually created in the server when i compile) as may be the command is
wrong or the dll files are wrong as you mentioned in the webpage. Can you
please help me regarding how i can use gcc to run my fortran files locally
or the commands that can run f77 using gcc or g77 etc available for free.

I have some problem fixing my matlab with gnumex that allows to run
fortran from matlab or matlab from cygwin etc.,

I have winXP with MATLAB 7
I followed http://gnumex.sourceforge.net/
installed everything
bt when i used the command mex -f mexopts.bat
C:\MATLAB7\extern\examples\mex\yprimefg.f
C:\MATLAB7\extern\examples\mex\yprimef.f
I get the followin error:

Usage:
MEX [option1 ... optionN] sourcefile1 [... sourcefileN]
[objectfile1 ... objectfileN] [libraryfile1 ... libraryfileN]

or (to build an Ada S-function):
MEX [-v] [-g] -ada <sfcn>.ads

Use the -help option for more information, or consult the
MATLAB API Guide.

C:\MATLAB7\BIN\WIN32\MEX.PL: Error: No file names
given.

??? Error using ==> mex
Unable to complete successfully

Somebody please help me how to use matlab to run
these fortran .f files or compile them..
I have winXP with MATLAB 7

Any help would be very grateful,
Regards
Krishna