Re: RFC contrib.texi patch

On Sat, Jun 19, 2004 at 02:11:29PM +0200, Tobias Schl?ter wrote:
> Steve Kargl wrote:
> > @item
> >+Katherine Holcomb contributed work on the internal arithmetic of gfortran.
> >+
> >+@item
>
> Actually, she created the tables of intrinsics in intrinsic.c, and IIRC
> she also created most of the simplification routines. I also think that
> the internal arithmetic is Andy's work.

I changed this to the generic "Katherine Holcomb for work on gfortran."

> > @item
> >+Steven G. Kargl work his work on gfortran.
> >+
> >+@item
>
> Is that an expression?

No. That's the 2nd glass of merlot. :-O

> > @item
> >+Tobias Schueter for work on gfortran.
> >+
> >+@item
>
> "Tobias Schl?ter" (or 'Schlueter', if Umlauts have otherwise been
> omitted  in that file).

I changed this to Schl@"uter.  Gerald can change the markup if
this isn't correct.

> When I looked at contrib.texi, I thought my contributions wouldn't
> measure up to those of the other contributors listed. I certainly don't
> feel like I did anything essential, and most of the others looked like
> they did. Is there a stated policy for that file?

Well, you have contributed several patches to gfortran.  When
you finish ENTRY, if we don't have all standard F77 features
implemented, we are one step closer.

--
Steve