This page describes the GCC implementation state for the C++ coroutines TS.
FIXME: Summarise the goal.
Development branch: 'c++-coroutines' (svn://gcc.gnu.org/svn/gcc/branches/c++-coroutines). Reporting bugs
The branch was created, by Iain Sandoe, Sept 2018 The specification, design and implementation are in flux.
- Sept 2018 - Project started.
- Jan 2019 - Trivial coroutines supporting only co_return.
- Feb 2019 - Basic coroutines without function arguments or local variables live across suspend points.
- Mar 2019 - WG21 votes to merge the coroutines TS into the IS draft for C++20.
Invoking the Compiler
g++ -fcoroutines -fno-exceptions
FIXME: Documentation will be in the GCC manual under 'C++ Coroutines'.
This is an experimental implementation of a TS that is still in flux. As such, please discuss bugs/features directly with me.
FIXME: add the outline.
FIXME: Add a couple of trivial examples
- September 21st 2018 - Branch creation.
- January 23rd 2019 - Trivial coroutines supporting only co_return.
- February 12th 2019 - Basic coroutines without function arguments or local variables live across suspend points.
http://wg21.link/n4775 Working Draft, C++ Coroutines.