Converting libobjc not to use GCC target headers
- This project is that libobjc can not depend on GCC target headers for the definition of the ABI and so that cleanup of GCC target headers/changing them will not affect libobjc. It also makes libobjc easier to compile by itself.
- Andrew Pinski
- Paolo Bonzini
- Unknown at this point, almost surely within stage 2
- Libobjc can now build by itself without gcc sources and GCC target header changes don't effect compiling of libobjc.
- All localized to libobjc.
- Add configure option to include a backwards compatible file.
- Convert the targets that have a single ABI for passing structures (i.e., as far as libobjc is concerned)
- PATCH POSTED
- Convert the remaining targets, i.e. i386, m68k, rs6000
- Remove backwards compatible file, or change #warning to #error.
Move configure part to a separate file like configure.host use autoconf tests whenever possible, and other cleanups.