Hi, I am Kazu Hirata. This page is here for my personal purposes.
Conversions that I am working on
Convert VARRAY to VEC
Convert fold (buildN (...)) into fold_buildN
TODO/Things I am working on.
- Add conditoinal moves to tree optimizers. (To help stevenb)
Add VEC_safe_grow_cleared and VEC_clear (To help stevenb)
- Reduce the number of ASSERT_EXPRs inserted for pointer dereferences.
- tree combiner
Move stmt_ann_d into tree_statement_list_node
Optimize FOR_EACH_EDGE or improve tree optimizer to optimize FOR_EACH_EDGE
- See if CSE is still folding a lot of conditonal jumps into unconditional jumps.
See if we can use fold_ARITY in place of fold_buildN
See if we can use fold_buildN or fold_ARITY instead of fold
- Find and fix places where we generate an assignment with one side being a pointer and the other being a non-pointer.
- Split CFG clean-up stuff out of =tree-cfg.c=
See if I can clean up tree-if-conv.c:combine_blocks which duplicates most of tree_merge_blocks
- Remove ports obsoleted in 4.0 around June, 2005.
See what we miss in the RTL combiner due to rtx_cost comparisons.
Scan statements backwards in tree-ssa-phiopt.c:empty_block_p
Consider disabling TODO_cleanup_cfg for PHI-OPT.
Clean up dojump.c:do_jump We don't need INTEGER_CST and ADDR_EXPR
Make REG_OK_STRICT a boolean macro, not a "def/not def" macro.
- Fix typos.
- Follow spelling convensions.
- Fix comment formatting.
- Update copyright.
Use of REG_P instead of GET_CODE (...) REG=.
Check lines ending with ^M
Run valgrind --tool=addrcheck for memory leaks.
- Remove garbage.
- unused functions
- unused arguments of functions
- arguments of functions that are always passed the same values
- unused global/static variables
- write-only global/static/local variables
- unused macros
- macros that are tested but not defined anywhere
- unused prototypes
- unused fields of structs
- Make global functions and variables static.
Convert GEN_INT (0) into const0_rtx Similarly for other small constants.
Use cleanup-tree-dump under gcc.dg/tree-ssa and g++.dg/tree-ssa
- Automatically detect as many of these as possible and run them in cron.