TODO on improved-aliasing-branch:
GCC's virtual SSA representation is very bloated, particularly in the presence of imprecise alias information. Diego Novillo is working on an attempt to compact that information without risking precision. This is currently underway and expected to be integrated by the next stage 1, to be included in GCC 4.3. More details at http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2006-02/msg00620.html
- Make is_hidden_global_store ([gccsource:tree-ssa-sink.c]) go away.
- Needed to make load sinking/PRE work properly without extra kill sets.
- Add callgraph edges for indirect calls
- Add per-call-site clobbering
- Simple intraprocedural using local analysis
- Interprocedural using global analysis
- PRs which should be fixed by this include [gccbug: 23384], [gccbug: 20165], and [gccbug: 23134].
- Add aliasing oracle
- Implement base + offset disambiguation
- Implement restrict disambiguation
- Add interprocedural alias analysis
- Reduce IR size.
- Better grouping mechanism for reducing number of virtual operands.
- Different call clobbering representation.
- Better support for passes introducing new pointers. Either pass_may_alias as TODO or have a default behaviour that does not require recomputing aliasing information from scratch.
- Go through FIXME notes in tree-ssa-alias.c.
Anything not mentioned here that is in Bugzilla.