- This page lists projects planned for GCC 4.2. The fact that a project is planned for GCC 4.2 does not necessarily mean that it will be included; it only means that someone has submitted a project proposal. There is no formal acceptance process for proposals; in the end, all proposals have to be turned into patches, and patches are reviewed in the usual way. However, the Release Manager will attempt to schedule the projects in a coherent order so as to avoid instability in the mainline sources.
- When creating a Wiki page for a project, please following these guidelines:
Use the Sample Project Page as the basis for project pages.
- Use a separate Wiki page for each project, rather than combining multiple projects onto a single page.
- Try to explain your project in as much as detail as possible. Feel free to include detailed design
- information, etc., at the bottom of your page.
- Feel free to add your project below. Please keep projects in alphabetical order.
Array_references_on_pointers (stage 2)
IPA_cleanups (stage 1)
IPA_on_SSA_Form (stage 2)
Replacements_for_CSE_path_following (stage 2)
Vectorization_Enhancements (part 1: stage 1; rest: stage 2)
Load_partial_redundancy_elimination (2005-12-29; enhancements went in 2006-02-06)
OpenMP for C, C++ and Fortran (gomp) (C on 2006-01-18, Fortran on 2006-02-14, C++ on 2006-03-09)
Sub-Target_specific_math_routines_library (2006-01-31, this project has been removed for 4.2 again)